Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Monday 22 October 2012

My mum's birthday-day cake: Ginger carrot cake with lime mascarpone cream




My mum celebrates her b-day on 24th October. When I was thinking last week about what kind of cake I should bake for her, I wanted to suprise her with what she has never tasted and she keeps after me for it :) In this way my choice became the carrot cake. I used the same recipe as base what I posted for the first time on my blog and Mr. M. loved it also, so I was sure about its success. 

I changed the recipe a bit. This time I used mascarpone for the topping cream, grated lime instead of orange and I addmix half lime's juice to the cream as well.

Happy birthday Mum!!!


Ingridients:

3 eggs
210 ml vegetable oil
30 dkg soft light brown sugar
30 dkg grated carrot
10 dkg chopped walnuts
25 dkg flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger
Grated zest of a half lemon

For the top:
10 dkg mascarpone
1 dl heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilia sugar
10 dkg icing sugar
Grated zest of 1 lime 


1. Peel then grate the carrot, chop finely the walnut.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

3. In a large bowl, stir the egg and sugar with whisk till it gets white then add the oil, grated carrot, chopped nuts and grated zest of a half lemon.

4. In another bowl measure the flour, the bicarbonate of soda, the cinnamon, the ginger stir them and bring the two mixtures together.

5. Pour this mixture into the prepared cake pan , smooth the surface and bake in the oven for 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

6. Allow to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack before putting the icing on it.

7. To make the icing, put the cold heavy cream in a mixing bowl. With an electric hand mixer beat the cream. As the cream thickens, add the mascarpone and beat them together in a bowl until combined. Add the vanilla extract or sugar, icing sugar and finely grated lime zest and mix to combine. The icing should be smooth and quite thick. 

8. Spread the icing evenly over the cooled cake, dipping the knife into a bowl of hot water if the icing is hard to spread out. Cut into slices to serve.


0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena