Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Thursday 23 August 2012

Gastro experiences at the weekend - 3. station: Szeráj Turkish Restaurant


Szeráj!

With this one word I could end my post here since everyone knows the Szeráj in Budapest. I believe I don't need glorify their kitchen in long blog entry because my boyfriend told me (and I don't dare to argue with him in this topic) that this is the best Turkish restaurant in Budapest. Punktum. He knows. :)

Okay, who has already been in Turkey, knows that  the real Turkish cuisine is much more various, colourful and delicious compared to the assortment of the Turkish fast food restaurant here in Hungary, but in Budapest still this stands the closest to the Turkish reality.

I have to admit that during our Turkey trip last year I hadn't eaten anything what is available in Hungary but when the hunger after Turkish food comes upon on me but I don't feel like cooking, I always go to Szeráj. Furthermore this weekend mum specifically asked me to go here. Who could and gonna say no for this? The Turkish cuisine is my favorite.

This time izgara köfte got on my plate.


Dessert couldn't be cancelled either of course. Besides the queen of desserts, the baklava I make my mum taste the şekerpare for the very first time. She was back and forth from it. Since Saturday that's her new big favorite. :) (I remark in brackets that it's very easy, quick and cheap to prepare. You can find the recipe here.)


Szeráj Turkish Restaurant 
Address: 1055 Budapest, Szent István krt. 13.
Open: every day 9:00 - 4:00

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena