Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Kanelbullar with marzipan or Karlsbaderbullar with cinnamon?

I made a big decision at the weekend. I will bake all different kind of Swedish bullar. I will go to Stockholm from 11th June for a week, go to my favorite book store on Tuesday and buy that book what I have ogled for a long time and contains traditional Swedish cakes, biscuits. 

I know I owe you guys, I haven't forget what I promised a few days ago in my post about Kanelbullar that I will bring the recipe soon. So here we are!! 

I started the baking with Cupcakesfluffan's Karlsbaderbullar (it is filled with butter and marzipan) , followed the recipe step by step but right before rolling the buns up, I thought of why not to sprinkle some cinnamon on the dough? You can decide what it became in the end....kanelbullar with marzipan or karlsbaderbullar with cinnamon.


Ingredients (10-15 pieces):
75 g butter (room temperature)
3 dl flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
25g yeast

For the filling:
25 g butter (room temperature)
75 g almond paste
3-4 tablespoon cinnamon

+ egg and pearl sugar (pärlsocker - I have seen this kind of sugar only in Sweden yet so in Hungary I prepare it with normal sugar)


Crumb the yeast into a lukewarm milk, add a teaspoon sugar to it and let stand about 5-10 minutes in a warm place until the yeast doubles its size.

Mix and crumb the butter with the flour in a big bowl. Add rest of the sugar, egg and yeast. Knead the dough for about 5-10 minutes to make a smooth, soft dough. Set aside and let rest for 10-15 minutes.

After the dough rises, roll out it on a floured counter (about 20x30 cm). Grease with the butter first, sprinkle with cinnamon and grate marzipan on it.

Two different methods exist how you can shape or roll up the bullar at this step.

You can fold the dough, cut into 1 cm width stripes, hold the two ends, start to roll them to opposit directions then form spiral buns from it.

The other way which is maybe a shade faster, roll up the dough from long side, divide it into 10-15 pieces and place them bullar baking paper on the oven pan.

Allow to rise about 40-60 minutes. (I need to make a confession, yesterday I didn't wait for rising, put the bullar immediately to the preheated oven and they were perfect.)

Preheat the oven to 225°C. Grease the dough with egg, sprinkle with pearl sugar and bake in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes.


Afiyet olsun!

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena