Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Thursday 24 May 2012

Poppy seed love

I think we can originate my passion for poppy-seed in that time when my mum was pregnant with me. She told me the story many times last 25 years that during her pregnancy she had a relish for poppy seeds pasta all the time. Therefore it is not startling if I say since I remember I love everything as well which has to do with poppy seeds.

Thanks Mum for endearing it to me for a whole life :)

And I think I don't need to say this cake was a big success at the workplace.

Poppy seed cake with sour cherry marmalade and lemon mousse

Ingredients:
4 egg yolks
15 dkg butter
15 dkg sugar
15 dkg ground poppy seeds
15 dkg flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 lemon
2 dl milk

For the lemon mousse:
4 egg whites
10 dkg icing sugar
1/2 lemon's juice

+ any kind of sourish marmalade (I used cherry marmalade)


Per preparation preheat the oven to 180°C and butter a cake pan (about 20x30 cm pan). 

Place the soft butter and sugar into a big bowl and stir them with hand mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg yolk to the buttered mixture one by one, mix them properly.

In another bowl mix the flour with the poppy seed and baking soda, then add the grated lemon zest into it.

Add the milk and the flour mixture by turns to the buttered mixture. After you stir all properly, pour it in the buttered cake pan and place in the preheated oven.

Bake the cake until it gets golden on the top and when you stick a knife or fork in it and the dough doesn't stick on it. It's worth to keep a check on it several times after 20 minutes. When it's ready, take out from the oven.

For the lemon mousse, beat the egg whites slowly until they are foamy, then increase the speed. Add the lemon juice and the icing sugar spoon by spoon. Do not overbeat the whites. It is ready when you titl the bowl and the mixture does not slide around.

Plaster the cake with marmalade, lay the lemon mousse on the the top and put it back in the oven for extra 5 minutes. Then turn off the oven but leave the cake for then 10 minutes inside.



I used Lilafüge's recipe.

1 megjegyzés:

Eva said...

One of my favourites.. It looks amazing!

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena