Turkish, Hungarian desserts and other delicacies you can't resist

Saturday 8 September 2012

Apple pie - as we like

There is one favorite apple pie in every family. Either grandma's or mum's. This is ours. And I guess, some of my colleague's for a while since I baked this for them.

At one time, 2000 BC we had received the recipe from one of my mum's colleague. It was written on a small paper for a long time which we put always to a safe place somehow that it took hours and hours to find it hidden in a cookery book. Learning from the above since I live in Budapest, this recipe is written in a notebook what I got from my best friend for my name day. 


I showed mum these pics in the morning to ask her opinion when she said: "I always say that your pie is more delicious than mine! Sometimes I'm also satisfied with mine but it's not the same like yours. It looks very good, the texture of the pastry seems very short. There is only one problem with it that I can't taste it! You're skillful" :)

Ingredients:
25 dkg flour (I used 12,5 dkg all purpose flour + 12,5 dkg oat flour)
7 dkg fat (you can use butter as well, but the dough won't be so short)
1 egg
90 g sour cream
5 g (1/2 small package) backing powder
oinch of salt
10 dkg sugar (or castor sugar)

For the filling:
kb. 70 dkg apple
cinnamon
10 g vanilla sugar

+ semolina
+ 1 egg


1. In a big bowl mix the flour with the salt, sugar, crumble with the fat then add the egg and knead  with as much sour cream as it's needed to get a not too hard, not too soft dough. Place in the fridge for one hour.

2. For the filling peel and grate the apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and vanilla sugar to taste and set aside until the dough is ready too.

3. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

4. After 1 hour take the dough out from the fridge, divide into two. Roll one of them then place in a middle size oven pan lined with baking paper. Sprinkle some semolina on it (so the dough won't get soaked by the apple) and pile the apple. Roll the rest of the dough and put on the apple. Prick the pie's top with a fork and grease with a beaten egg. 

5. Bake the pie in the preheated oven (honestly I never time, but approx. for 20-30 minutes ), until golden brown.  Sprinkle the top with castor sugar before serving.

0 megjegyzés:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Baklavaria, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena